Sticky Toffee Pudding Wine - Recipe and Method
Sticky toffee pudding wine is just that, a sticky toffee pudding in a wine bottle! It's a brilliant desert wine which will astound your dinner party guests with your creativity! Or, keep the wine for yourself and amaze yourself :)
It's easy to make and will become a firm favorite!
- 500g / 1lb Honey
- 500g / 1lb Brown Sugar
- 2 Big tablespoons of treacle
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lemon
- 500g / 1lb pitted Dates
- Water to 1 gallon
- High alcohol / desert wine / mead yeast
- Place the honey, sugar and 2 tablespoons of honey into your clean fermentation bucket.
- Pour over 2L of boiling water and stir to dissolve the honey and sugar,
- Chop the orange and lemon, squeeze the juice into the fermenter and add the skins as well.
- Place the dates into the fermenter.
- Top up to the 1 gallon mark with cold water.
- Pitch the yeast.
- Set aside in a warm place with a lid on.
- Stir every few days for 5/7 days.
- Syphon the liquid into a clean Demi John.
- Place in an airlock and set aside until fermentation subsides.
- Rack ad hoc.
- Allow to clear and mature before bottling.