Orange Wine - Recipe and Method
This orange wine recipe creates 1 gallon of beautiful, lusciously tasty wine. The recipe is easy to make and very rewarding to drink!
This orange wine recipe makes 1 gallon of 14.5% wine,.
- 8 medium Oranges (+/- 1kg)
- 1 lemon
- 1.25kg granulated sugar
- 1 cup of strong tea
- Water to 1 gallon
- Wine yeast
- Chop the oranges into half and add the juice and flesh to the clean fermenter.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon.
- Add the 1.25kg granulated sugar on top of the oranges.
- Add 1 banana, skin and and all (peel it first) to the fermenter.
- Add 1 cup of strong black tea, and the teabag to the mix.
- Pour over 1 gallon of cold water.
- Pitch the yeast.
- Set aside in a warm place with a lid on.
- Stir every few days for 5/7 days.
- Syphon the liquid into a clean Demi John.
- Place in an airlock and set aside until fermentation subsides.
- Rack ad hoc.
- Allow to clear and mature before bottling.